You’ve Got Questions & We’ve Got Answers!
Let’s talk about concrete, baby. Let’s talk about you and me..
The last thing you want to think about is the cracked concrete in your garage or the stained tile in your kitchen and laundry room! We’ve all been there! Whether you avoid those rooms all together or swiftly close the doors after leaving them.. We get it!
We’ve established a list of FAQ’s to make your life easier and maybe our jobs too! There are lots of questions to be had when it comes to reclaiming your wasted space and trusting us to do so. Investing in your home’s flooring is not a decision that should be taken lightly and we hope that by covering a few of our most common questions, we can in turn clear up some of the confusion you may have when considering coating your home’s surfaces.
A Curated List of The Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Q: What kind of maintenance and upkeep should I expect with my new floor?
As you can imagine, one reason to invest in a professional, concrete coating is how easy it is to clean. So not only is your concrete surface protected, but you don’t have to spend hours power washing, sanding or painting anything. Your concrete coating will look as good as it did on the day of installation, for years to come. Moreover, a concrete coating can add slip-resistance to an otherwise slippery and potentially hazardous pool area . Our protective concrete system also resists: Water, Salt, Chemicals, Impacts, UV Rays, Mold & Mildew and Peeling and lifting.
2. Q: Do You Only Coat Concrete?
We wish we could provide a coating for every material and bad flooring option you’ve run into, and believe me, we’re working on it. However; in the meantime we have found creative ways around repairing non-concrete surfaces. Our estimators are extremely knowledgeable and will do their best to work around any situation and flooring you may have, so that you can enjoy the benefits of a newly coated space. Here is an example of a carpeted commercial building that suffered from their flooring trapping odors and being less than ideal for a high traffic business. Our crews were able to pull the carpet and lay down a fresh new coating on the surface below. For our Central Oregon readers this location may look particularly familiar!
3. Q: My Garage Floor Is Cracked and Stained- Will This Affect My Cost?
Whether we’re quoting your home gym or a commercial processing plant, our system of evaluation is the same. You may have heard us mention 100 times over that we can’t provide a ballpark estimate on your project- and this stands true every time. When our crews evaluate and determine your project cost, a big portion of this relies on the condition of your flooring. Cracks, stains, existing coatings and more all come into play when planning for your floors coating preparation.
The short answer to this question is yes, the condition of your flooring matters- but need not worry, you’ve come to the right guys. Our coatings are designed specifically to be placed over your less than ideal concrete surfaces and repaired by our crews, so that you are not looking for a fix in 3-5 years. Our crews will repair, prepare & condition your existing floors to bond with our coatings in a way that isn’t just physical, but also molecular. It’s a win win for your current flooring and your new coating!
4. Q: Is This Coating Safe for Interior Projects?
Such a great question deserves an answer from Scott, our concrete coatings General Manager and fount of all concrete coating wisdom.
The answer is 100% YES. Oftentimes we get this question because people are concerned about noxious odors and smells, like the ones left behind by a lot of epoxies. The fumes can linger for days BEYOND the multiple days it takes to install the coating.
Most of the time our coatings are installed in 1 DAY or less, and have low-to-no VOCs. That means there are no lingering smells. The next day your space is fresh, clean, and ready to use. Seriously.
5. Q: Can I Customize My Coatings Color & Texture?
While a concrete coating is an investment, it will long outlast a wooden pool deck. Pool decks require expensive maintenance and need to be cared for year-after-year. Similarly, the customization of a wooden pool deck only goes so far. Our concrete coatings are available in a wide array of color options and can easily be customized to fit in with your outdoor decor. Got a favorite sports team? We can put it on your concrete pool deck! Are you dreaming of a metallic finish with a mirror-like shine? We can make it happen. And you’ll never need to worry about the longevity or durability of your concrete coating because our Webfoot Concrete Coatings come with a 15-year warranty.
6. Q: I Currently Have A Failing Epoxy Coating, Can It Be Removed Before Applying A New Coating?
Absolutely. We wouldn’t want you to suffer another day with a bad epoxy coating. Our teams are equipped with the expertise & equipment to remove your Epoxy coating and install a brand new flooring system. This process typically doesn’t require a ton of time, but does entail a more indepth grinding process to ensure your surface is prepped for coating.
7. Q: How Long Does The Installation Process Take?
Considered one of the best parts of our dynamic, innovative system is that the turnaround time on our product is a fraction of the time when compared to other systems that can take several days or weeks to cure. Our system is applied in less than 24 hours, meaning you’ll be enjoying your brand new, customized pool deck again in just 48 hours!
8. Q: Is This Coating Slippery? I Want To Coat My Patio, But Worry It Will Be Too Slick?
This is an excellent question & for good reason! There is nothing worse than installing a brand new flooring system and having it be a health hazard. For this reason, our coatings have been designed to be slip-resistant.. Even better, that resistance can be customized even further to provide either a smooth finish or a textured, rougher feel for additional slip protection.
9. Q: Will This Work On Driveways & Patios?
You bet it will! Our coatings work extremely well for all your exterior projects as they are designed to handle all the natural elements & harsh conditions thrown their way. We’ve even listed a few of the benefits of installing our coatings outside:
- Durability – Polyurea isn’t brittle like epoxy, meaning that it is more durable throughout its lifetime. Even with the expansion and contraction of the concrete underneath (thanks to our diverse Oregon weather), you don’t need to worry about your coating. In fact, polyurea is 10x more flexible than epoxy!
- Better Bond – Our summers get HOT. Because of this, epoxy can actually stick to your car’s tires, causing hot-tire pickup. Major bummer… Polyurea chemically bonds with the concrete, meaning that it essentially becomes one with the surface. Hot tires are a non-issue. In fact, the concrete would have to LITERALLY pull up with polyurea coating for it to ever be a risk!
- Temperature-Tolerant – Epoxy is a little finicky, needing just the right conditions, temperature, and time to totally cure. Polyurea just jumps right in and bonds, thanks to the chemical reaction that takes place. Science beats weather, every time.
10. Q: Is There a Warranty With Something Like This?
Absolutely! A darn good one at that! We offer a 15 year warranty for all residential applications… and if that’s not enough to convince you we don’t know what will. But in case you need more convincing, here is a list of reasons why:
- 4x Stronger Than Epoxy
- Cleaning Is a Snap
- Will Not Crack or Chip
- 1-Day Installation
- Diverse Colors and Finishes are Available
Did you notice the 1-DAY installation? That’s a biggie!
If you have any questions about our coatings, our seriously awesome flooring services, or what we can do to serve you, just give us a call! We’re here to help!