Finding the RIGHT coating for your concrete surface is essential, whether you’re adding it to a garage, patio, porch, or, in this case, large poolside area.
Management for this particular hotel contacted us with a problem. They had invested in a poolside coating, but it been installed poorly and was the wrong type for the environment. In fact, it was already starting to fail. To make matters worse, it was uncomfortable underfoot. All of this could spell disaster for a large hotel that’s trying to offer their guests an inviting, relaxing place to soak.
Our mission? To remove the old, failing coating and apply our superior system. Our timeline? We began on Monday, and needed the pool to be complete and ready for guests before the Friday-weekend rush.
Our Seriously Great Concrete Coating Process
Our system is the point where speed and quality converge – every step allows for quick work, and the coating itself cures fast and is fully useable within 24 hours.
Here’s a look at our work and the steps involved:
- First, we ground the old coating away. Using our heavy-duty concrete grinder is always one of our earliest steps, after filing and repairing any cracks, allowing us to create the right profile for smooth, secure adhesion.
- The folks who provided the faulty coating also had coated right over the plastic drain caps around the pool, so we carefully removed the product over the caps with a hand sander. This avoided the need for replacement, saving our client some serious cash.
- After grinding and prepping the surface, we applied our 100% solids, self-priming, pure polyurea basecoat.
- We broadcast the pre-selected chips.
- Next, we scraped and vacuumed the surface to remove any vertical flakes.
- Finally, we rolled out the polyaspartic clear coat.
- We also coated neatly around existing equipment and features, including the handicap access, pool stairs, and hot tub.
Our team worked diligently to maintain a safe, clean working environment, and focused specifically on dust collection and project containment. After all, the hotel was filled with guests!
As you can see, the project was a total success, and we all loved how the coating turned out. Such an aesthetic and functional improvement!
Concrete Coating in Bend, OR: Let’s Discuss Your Project Goals
This may have been a high-traffic commercial space, but our team can apply that same durable, convenient system right in your home. From basement spaces to garages, poolside areas to patios, we’re ready to enhance and protect your concrete.
Contact us today to get started!