As our concrete coating projects throughout Bend and Portland have been exploding onto the Facebook and Instagram scene, we’ve been asked a TON of awesome questions. In fact, they’ve been so good that we’d like to address some of our favorites right here moving forward, hopefully helping you better understand exactly what our 1-DAY concrete coating team offers.
Ready for today’s FAQ?
“Can I Do This Coating Myself?”
We’ve had some folks ask if we can sell them the product so they can do it themselves, and others ask if they can go to [name your favorite big box home supply store] and buy the same coating.
The answer is nope and nope.
We’re big fans of homeowners rolling up their sleeves and tackling a Saturday project, but this just isn’t in the same category. Our teams may make it look simple, but that’s just because they’re so good. And they have the right equipment.
So, what makes this system different and better than a DIY coating that comes in a bucket?
- Our team is fully-certified, and this was no easy feat. We had to go through extensive training to become an official Penntek dealer.
- You need industrial-grade equipment! Have you seen our grinder? It’s a Serious piece of equipment, designed specifically to prep the concrete for secure adhesion. This makes all the difference – prep is 80% of the process.
- Polyurea is NOT epoxy. This specialized system is 4x stronger, more flexible, and will never crack, peel, or chip. Something this awesome can’t be dumped out of a bucket from a big box store. Find the full breakdown of why it’s so superior here!
- We offer a 15-year residential warranty. You might be able to give yourself a high five, but you can’t write yourself a warranty (well, you could… but it may not be actually worth much).
- We fill and repair first! As we mentioned above, prep is key, and this includes filling cracks and making sure the surface is sound and solid.
Professional Concrete Coatings Deliver Professional Results
An experimental coating that comes out poorly can create a catastrophic mess, headache, and expense. It pays to have it done the right way, by a team that stands by their work.